Thursday, July 25, 2013

Fixing Doors that want to swing shut!

Fixing Doors that want to swing shut!

I recently took a listing for a home in Corvallis, Oregon. It was an older home, built in the 60s - very nice, especially after it was staged thanks to Creative Concepts.  

The house is in great condition - but this one bedroom door would not stay open.  I had voiced this to the lady that was doing the staging and she told me a quick and easy trick that I thought I would share.  Because, hey... I don't think I am the only one with the problem and I had not had a chance to search it on the internet yet.  

She told me to remove the bottom pin from the hinge, lay it on concrete and hit the pin right in the middle.  The purpose is to bend the pin a bit. One strong "ding" should do the job.  Then replace the pin back in the door hinge.  YES!!! It worked like a charm.

I was so thankful and it took me less than two minutes to solve the problem.  I hope you can use this beneficial tip as well.

Search for homes in Santa Cruz County



No comments:

Post a Comment